The work we do in Fanar is related to bringing a culture of diversity and Inclusion whereby every individual feels valued for who they are and participates in building a culture of performance and excellence through their own contribution and skillsets. Dr Angawi is a certified CQC Advanced (CCA) which means she can administer assessments for individuals and teams in organizations to support multicultural communication, transition and performance. Here is a bit about the model she uses to bring value to your workplace.
Cultural intelligence (CQ)
CQ is the capability to relate and work effectively in culturally diverse situations.
It goes beyond existing notions of cultural sensitivity and awareness to highlight capabilities needed to success and accomplishment for leaders globally.
Research on cultural intelligence, which to-date spans 98 countries and over 55,000 individuals, demonstrates those with cultural intelligence have skills in four capabilities.
Ideally, the assessment is used in many ways, here are some:
- Recruitment, Hiring, and Promotion—cultural intelligence can be assessed in the midst of hiring and used as a metric of performance appraisals.
- Performance Reviews—the CQ Assessments are being used in some contexts as part of the annual review process.
- Team Development—contexts where training and assessment are often used include virtual teams, faculty development programs, IT managers, continued education for nurses, social workers, counselors, etc.
- Diversity and Inclusion Programs—CQ offers a fresh approach to diversity and inclusion (D&I) and provides a data-driven approach to help turn the focus of D&I on potential rather than upon compliance or punitive efforts.
- Global Relocation—organizations use assessments, training, and coaching to prepare and support individuals who are being given an international assignment.
- New Initiatives—organizations use CQ Assessment and training to prepare for and enhance the potential of new initiatives.
- Program Assessment—the CQ Assessments provide a valid way of assessing the effectiveness of various programs (e.g. Study Abroad programs, university departments, high schools, and various organizational training programs) for improving intercultural capabilities.
There are 4 types of assessments
- Cultural Values (CV)
- Cultural intelligence (CQ) Pro is a self-rating assessment that helps individuals understand how they perform in the four capabilities and 13 more subdimensions. It is accompanied by a development plan and the previous CV. It can be combined with online training. Individuals can use one of coaching session too.
- CQ 360 or multi-rater is used for leaders and teams to generate an extensive report on the four capabilities, the 13 subdimensions, and CV along with a development action plan. It does not come with online training but can utilize the individual and team coaching approaches.
- Teams who take the multi-rater as individuals can benefit from generating a team report that summarizes the scores for an overall group of participants. The report compares these scores with the worldwide norms and offers suggestions for how to use the feedback. Ideally suited for multicultural teams, inclusion initiatives, and global senior leadership teams in team coaching and training.